Apple had been on a tear last year with the releasing of three tablets in a single year. Some would say how the US Company had managed to achieve the feat by upgrading some massive features in all the three times in such a short time. The fact is that Apple had managed to make headlines all the three times since it needed to try and overthrow the overwhelming competition given by the slates released by Google and Microsoft. The question arises, was there a need to release the Apple iPad 4 so early when the iPad 3 was performing increasingly well in the market and fending off strong competition? Did Apple found yet another feature that they thought was needed to be in the consumers hands so that Google and Microsoft got to have their hands full?
The iPad 4 is not really a next generation upgrade to the already in-the-market iPad 3. It features the same display and most hardware components as its predecessors. But it gets a few upgrades like the next generation of processor and the lightning port that are sure to entice the Apple fans into owning the latest Apple has to offer.
· Features a 9.7 inch backlit IPS LCD touchscreen, with a resolution of 2048*1536 pixels, with scratch resistance and oleophobic coating.
· Optional LTE connectivity for the data only model.
· Optional GSM with A GSM and GLONASS support for the 3G model.
· The latest processor version from Apple, A6X SoC 1 GHz dual core processor.
· Quad core Power VR SGX554 GPU, slight improvement than the iPad 3 for better graphics display and processing.
· 16, 32 and 64 GB models and 1 GB RAM.
· Weighs in almost the same as the iPad 3 at 652 grams and 662 grams for the LTE version.
· Comes with the Apple iOS 6, upgradable up to iOS 6.1.3, with planned upgrade up to iOS 7.0.
· Bluetooth 4.0, Lightning USB port and an 11,560 mAh battery.
· 5-MP Autofocus camera with video recording up to 1080p at 30 fps.
· The secondary 1.2 MP camera now supports HD FaceTime calls.
· 1080p display output and 720p video streaming with Apple Digital TV adapter, sold separately.
The Apple iPad 4 might not be a next level upgrade to the iPad 3, but it still offers a host of new features that the die-hard brand fans might have missed in the previous version. The Apple iPad 4 will sure perform nicely on the market with these new features.