Apple iPad has finally retired from sometime now and it certainly had its fair share of admiration and success in the market. Then came the Apple iPad 2, and the US tech giants were able to go one better as the number suggested a considerable improvement in the game. Where number games are concerned, what a customer looks forward to a sequel from such hot selling product is the sensation of acquiring the ultimate piece of hardware available in the market, so the manufacturers need to implement this strategy as far as they can in making them feel like it. After the brilliant showing of both two tablets we give the third installment in the series, the Apple iPad 3. The manufacturers must have had a hard time including features that would catch the consumer’s eye instantly, as both two predecessors looked to have been the ultimate tablets of their time. Let’s have a detailed look on how the Apple iPad 3 justifies its number in the succession of the three tablets.
· Features a 9.7 inch backlit IPS LCD touchscreen, with a resolution of 2048*1536 pixels, with scratch resistance and oleophobic coating
· Optional LTE connectivity for the data only model.
· Optional GSM with A GSM support for the 3G model.
· 1 GHz dual core ARM cortex A9 processor with 1 GB RAM, quad-core Power VR SGX543MP4 GPU for graphics processing.
· The firmware comes at iOS 5.1 in box packed version with iCloud support and activation, firmware planned upgrade up to iOS 7.0.
· Comes with 16, 32 and 64 GB in built memory option models.
· Weighs a moderate 652 grams, the LTE version weighs at 662 grams with 11,560 mAh battery.
· The cheapest version of the model costs less than a SIM-Free iPhone.
· 5-MP Autofocus camera with video recording support of 1080p at 30 fps.
· VGA secondary camera for FaceTime calls.
· 1080p video output support, Apple Digital TV adapter sold separately.
· Supports four and five-finger gestures and also magnetic cases.
All three of the iPad are pretty much similar in designs and some might argue that iPad 2 and 3 are very similar in hardware as well. But the next iPad outweighs the specifications of the previous two installments. The iPad screen has four times higher resolution than its predecessors. Apple has done a massive job to cover the huge screen by adding some additional cores to the GPU as well.